Hyperion 5 War Dreadnought, My Next 3d Print...

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by NightmareHero, Dec 3, 2016.

1. NightmareHero
    NightmareHero Well-Known Member
    have a look at my design and comment:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Cool design. It's good initial sketch, but you need to add small details to help convey the size of the ship. Right now it's difficult to gauge whether this is a large ship like say a Klingon Warbird... or a small single pilot fighter like X-Wing. Good designer to study is Mel Miniatures, he's got ships of all different sizes, and each design is covered with details of various sizes that help convey the overall size of the ship.

This one for example is smaller ship, you can tell by the bow area and the details immediately around it, roughly scaled to size of a human, plus a few that are smaller.
    [​IMG]

This one in contrast feels much larger, the difference between the largest and smallest details are greater and that conveys a larger size.
    [​IMG]

3. NightmareHero
    Sorry, but it's not my place to detail these designs that I have made, They exist more for artistry and feng shui as raw models. It is the place of the toy company to detail the design with inset hull plating. I don't have the skill to do that myself. I'm a firm believer that a design should be judged on its merits of curvature, not details.

4. NightmareHero
    In any case, I'm looking forward to my design as a 3D print and one day being made into a toy...