Miniatures - tabletop/rpg/decorative

Discussion in 'Miniatures and Scale Models' started by dynath, Sep 6, 2014.

1. CybranKNight
    CybranKNight Well-Known Member
    I've been working on these on and off for a while now, finally kicked myself into finishing the small guide on working with these kits and going through to assemble at least one of each ship type. These were all printed in FUD and measure between 65mm and 30mm long. Still a bit to go before I finalize the shop listings and get everything in order, included creating step-by-step assembly instructions for each model!

[​IMG]

2. Carlos2k10
    Carlos2k10 Well-Known Member
    They look very nice,
    Any gaming system in particular
    (and excuse my ignorance if it is evident, but it escapes my knowledge :))

3. tomislav_veg
    tomislav_veg Well-Known Member
  4. CybranKNight
    These would work well with Battlefleet Gothic, especially given how that ruleset does all it's measurements off of the base and stand rather than the physical model.

Thanks!

5. wozwasntere
    wozwasntere Well-Known Member

You need to pimp your stuff on forums, FB groups etc.

Most of my stuff is for RC tanks so I post a lot on RC tank forums, showing off the stuff I've made. I also keep a Blog of the things I'm building and my Blog address is always in my forum signature. Same with FB and Google+

I make videos of my tanks that I put up on Youtube. They link to my Blog which in turn links to my SW shop.

You need to get on as many groups etc as you can and let people know your making stuff and get them interested.

See what I did there?

6. heh, I saw what you did there, and I appreciate your feedback. I guess some of my problem is hesitation about self-promotion, but the only thing I can do about that is get over it. And "throw" myself out there on more forums, and groups...even if it somehow doesn't "feel right"....(hopefully that makes some sense). It also doesn't quite help that I'm in the "drifty stage" of life yet (not sure what to invest energy in), but that's starting to change too.

By the way your tanks look nice.

7. wozwasntere
    wozwasntere Well-Known Member
    Thanks.

It can make you feel a bit dirty posting links to promote your work but its somthing you need to do if you want to get people to see your work.

It may not lead to loads of sales but getting feedback is always good.

8. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Would it be cool/fun/uncool if making dioramas was this easy?
    A tool like that could be handy for planning the terrain.

Hat tip to @Likesyrup for the link

9. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    But does it have an export to SW button for FCS printing @HenrikRydberg ?

10. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
  11. CybranKNight
    My Proxy War Catalogue continues to grow!

[​IMG]

So far I've got 11 different Tanks, 6 different Mechs, 4 Aircraft(no pictured) and 2 Proxy core Units.

I even have a couple more ready for printing, the Shattershot Mortar Tank;

[​IMG]

And the Pulsar Medium Tank;

[​IMG]

12. Freakazoitt
    Freakazoitt Well-Known Member
    Hello. I'm making 28mm Imperial bits and some 15mm vehicles

13. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    A few completed builds, parts available in the shop! American and British in the design works. Kickstarter coming in a few days. ~1/100 scale
    [​IMG]

14. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
  15. glehn
    glehn Well-Known Member
    I make 1/144 aircraft models mostly. I try to make models that are not available from injection or resin manufacturers and that please me. I tend to prefer more modern aircraft.
    [​IMG]

I started back in 2010 and over the years I received requests to make some of my models available in other scales. I have added a few in 1/200 and some in other scales, but usually it is a lot of work and I prefer to concentrate on 1/144.
    This is my shop: Small Scale Shop

shawn_halayka likes this.
  16. I've just put my latest 15 mm miniatures into my shop. Free shipping if bought with the original set of heroes or the skeletons until November 20th! ;)

[​IMG]

NoahLI and Andrewsimonthomas like this.
  17. hanelyp
    hanelyp Well-Known Member
  18. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    @hanelyp cool, whats you're game like? Are you playtesting it yet?

19. hanelyp
    hanelyp Well-Known Member
    I need to get together a playtest group. The game those models are for is a simple asymmetrical tactical combat game, for 2-10 players, each airship having some unique combination of what they can do.

20. Geektown
    Geektown Member
    Andrewsimonthomas and glehn like this.