Star Fighter

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Quaro77, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Hi everybody! I already introduced myself in the newcomers lounge, anyway I'm Davide from Italy. I'm interested in fantasy and sci-fi, and this is a WIP of my next work. I just started blocking out the shapes, more to come.

ship1B.jpg

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
  3. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Thanks! Added some weapons already, it was a bit weak as a fighter :)

4. Andrewsimonthomas
    sweet, hope to keep seeing the updates

Quaro77 likes this.
  5. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    So, the main shape is in place, and I'm starting to add some details. ship1F.jpg

6. Andrewsimonthomas
    its coming along nicely, given that you're adding color I'm guessing you're designing for our Full Color Sandstone?

7. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Not really, I think full color sandstone is a bit too grainy, so I'd prefer painting it myself with acrylics.
    I just like to color some parts while modeling to better visualize the shapes... the colors you see aren't textures, just different materials applied to some of the polygons (while I think full color sanstone works with textures)

Andrewsimonthomas likes this.
  8. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Finished! Tomorrow I will export it in .stl and see if it needs further work before publishing. ship1I.jpg

NoahLI likes this.
  9. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    I need a suggestion guys: since this is my model, do I need to build it a stand in the front, to make it printable?
    I don't know exactly how printing works, but my idea is that it will "fall down" while printing because of the weight of the nose. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• view.jpg

view.jpg

File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
  10. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    should be fine. if you print flexible plastic the powder bed will support the front end. if another material support structures are generated automatically and printed as the model builds up layer by layer.

The joint between the engine and missile pods can use some beefing up. the shapes don't read as integrated, especially from the front.

Quaro77 likes this.
  11. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Thanks Noah! Yes, yesterday I had the same feeling about missile pods, so I think I'll add a joining structure in the bottom side.