Model Order Went Back To Processing

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Shake666Creations, Oct 21, 2016.

1. So I ordered my 3D model for printing in Coated Full Color Sandstone, and I got an email a day later saying it passed manual review and is going to the printers. I've been refreshing my order page a lot, and it got a green check in processing, and then a green check in pre-processing. Today I checked my order page and it's back to processing with no green check marks, however the steps on the top shows that it is in production. I'm confused on what's going on here?
    upload_2016-10-21_13-30-27.png
    upload_2016-10-21_13-30-38.png

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could mean that the first print attempt failed (or the part broke in the subsequent cleaning step - fresh sandstone prints are said to be very brittle), and the model is back in manual checking to re-assess its printability before trying again.

3. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    ye it happens time to time. I had a model that went back twice. only successfully printed on the 3rd try. Check the 3dtools, sometimes a rejected model will be indicated there well before you get an email from SW team. If it does print successfully you still want to check it over for possible issues, especially if it took more than 2 tries.

4. About how long will it take to go back into production for another try? It's still in processing right now and there's no rejection in the 3Dtools box.

5. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    a couple days maybe, depends on a lot of different factors, impossible to say for sure. It's the weekend as well so you probably won't see any updates till end of Monday or Tuesday

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    For full specifics, email service with your order number.

7. simonbrblue
    simonbrblue Member
    Just a question on the sequence. Does the '1' indicate the part of the process taking place with the tick showing what is completed or does the tick show what is currently happening and the 1 showing what step is next?

Regards
    Simon.

8. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @simonbrblue the 1 indicates the actual step that the model is in currently. Sometimes you may see a 2 or 3 if you order multiple pieces of the same model.