Tyrannical War Dreadnaught

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by NightmareHero, Oct 20, 2016.

Is this good enough to be a toy for Hasbro's Action Fleet at 10 inches?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NightmareHero
    NightmareHero Well-Known Member
    My order just got sent to the 3D printer today:

[​IMG]

I went through alot of design varients before coming out with this one. I hope you like how it looks. If you want to see the other varients search my former account on Deviantart by typing in this search term into the site's search engine: aminaun

2. CopperBezel
    CopperBezel Well-Known Member
    On the poll question - ignoring the pilots and cabins, Action Fleet stuff has some relatively fine surface detailing, and I think you'd need to be pushing up right to the limits of WSF to get that level. At 10", I think I'd expect to see some panel line work &c, and you'd probably want to resolve the interface between the round details at the front of the wings (weapons?) and the wing plating itself a bit more - I'm not liking how the furthest-out cylinder particularly intersects with the winglet as opposed to creating the impression that the plating is wrapping around it at its edges. So there are some things I think you'd need to refine a little further to blend into the SWAF style.

Of course, SWAF has a lot of problems you don't, too, like the limited paint palette, or the effects on the detailing style that come from being made up of hollow shells with minimal undercuts, or even the slightly chunky proportions. A lot of that tight detailing is limited to bas relief, they have weapon barrels that are only half there because they've been molded from above, etc. It's hard to directly compare something that's designed for commercial injection molding with something designed for 3D printing (when that 3D print isn't a prototype for an injection-molded design, I mean.)

But in any case, it's a very slick ship design - looks powerful and threatening and extremely whooshable. = ] I think I really would want to see what you could do with the detailing with a little more time, but the overall silhouette and the features you have are really spectacular, and a lot better-looking than anything in SWAF. = ] I feel like it's evoking a falcon, a large handgun, and an icebreaker ship, and feels like it should be as fast, direct, and deadly as that pedigree implies.

3. NightmareHero
    Thank you very much! I'm hoping that with comments like this I can one day get a job at Hasbro. Visit both my accounts to see the two variants of the Autobot Ark that I have.

4. CopperBezel
    Both your Deviantart accounts, you mean? The aminaun.deviantart one is coming up inactive.

Working for Hasbro sounds like an awesome goal. = ] Of course, I'm a fan of Transformers myself. For instance, I've liked the idea of an Ark that's also Omega Supreme's alt mode since Animated. = ]

5. NightmareHero
    My apologies, I deauthorized my account to give myself more credibility because I had mythological erotic art on it, I thought they had archived it. Sorry. Here's a photo of the first version, the other one is in the above average productions account as you know:

[​IMG]

6. CopperBezel
    Ah, gotcha, no worries! I can definitely see some of the elements you're drawing from the G1 Ark, and it looks like some connection in the bridge area at least with the Animated version.

What software are you using?

7. NightmareHero
    Hexagon 2.5. I had a falling out with the site Daz3D because they wouldn't support my mythological erotic art figures and they banned me from their forum, but Evoia's original program is great for a layman like me that struggles with computer skill. I'm hoping Evoia buys the program back from Daz3D and upgrades it. One thing the program needs fixed is the UV mapping usage and a smooth triangulation feature for better 3D printing.