How Long From "order Placed" To "in Production"?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 1266054_deleted, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hello,

I placed my first order for my motorglider kit project on Sept, 23rd. The delivery date is supposed to be Oct, 12th. So I am not complaining that the production is too long or anything.
    What's puzzling me is that its status remains in "processing" and hasn't changed all since then.
    So I am just wondering about the usual/average duration of processing/pre-production/production/packing phases.
    Share how long the "boy I can't wait" phase is with a newbie!

Thx

2. Nisey
    Nisey Active Member
    Hey,

The throughput time of the model from order placed to shipped depends on many different factors. Such factors include how long do we think the model will take to print, the size of the model, the estimated delivery time, etc.

Your model is quite large and waiting for some printer space to become available--we aim to still ship in time for it to be delivered by the 12th, hopefully sooner.

Please know we are just as excited to get this order out and in your hands.

3. 'lo Nisey,

Thank you for your reply. Nice to see that my answers are all swiftly dealt with.
    By the way, could you please tell me during which phase the manual checks are performed? Processing or pre-production?

BR

4. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @kekelekou

Manual checks are done during the "pre-production" stage since we need to check the models prior to sending them to the printers.

5. Thanks for the input.