Noob To Shapeways Api

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by seya1984, Sep 29, 2016.

1. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    Hi
    I'm kind of desperate I've been trying for several days to make a simple model uploader to Shapeways (from a zip file) :
    I'm a newbie in web API's so the documentation https://developers.shapeways.com/getting-started?li=dh_gs
    is almost useless to me as it assumes a deep knowledge, please don't refer me back to them in a circular argument.

In the web all I see are scattered partial snippets of code that also didn't help me to see a working code and learn from it.

From those documentation the more familiar to me is python. I already have a simple "App" with the public key and the secret key
    the problem is how I move on from there.

Could anybody share at least a working code of that functionality? from all attempts I do I never authenticate because I don't know what are the verify and the token and....

[RANT ONT] Argh ...I feel like i need to go back to college to learn web dev, and then RestFul and then PHP and the python and then shapeways api ...in order to do a simple uploader... I guess nuclear physics simulation is easier than this!
    So much complexity to do trivial tasks! OMG -get this, send to this ...that's it! it should be 3 lines of anyone's code! I guess web dev needs to justify their salaries adding complexity layers to everything and protocols, and frameworks, and redundancy.....[RANT OFF]

Thanks in advancce

2. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    .....hello? is anybody home?

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  4. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    Oh thank you!
    Is true, like optimization, security is the source of all evil :p
    I hope your code finally help me to understand this.

I'm like a biologist that learn from living organism (working code) and not dead tissues (floating snippets of code)
    I will update you any progress!

Cheers

5. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    UPDATE:
    Well, I'm trying and I always get an autentication error! the first part goes fine, retrieving the keys and then at the basic step of GetListOfModels it never connects and i did the steps correctly

{u'reason': u'Authentication Error', u'result': u'failure', u'oauth_error_message': u'oauth_problem=signature_invalid&debug_sbs=GET&http%3A%2F%2Fapi.shapeways.com%2Fmodel%2Fv1&oauth_consumer_key%3D7...........}

is it my App? Ive done the steps recommended on the documentation and I have created it.

6. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    Yep, definitely nothing I do allow me to access the resources, I always get 401 response and that's frustrating...I set the keys correctly, I've tried with different browsers...nothing works

7. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    heres the error and i follow carefully all your steps, so what's missing?

{u'reason': u'Authentication Error', u'result': u'failure', u'oauth_error_message': u'oauth_problem=parameter_absent&oauth_parameters_absent=oauth_consumer_key%26oauth_signature%26oauth_signature_method%26oauth_nonce%26oauth_timestamp%26oauth_token'}

8. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    i/m sure oauth is getting all of those keys...I haven't change your code, just using my own keys

9. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  10. seya1984
    seya1984 Member
    hmm... my answer is 401 , not 403.
    Here's a simple listing based on your code:

import json
    import os
    from Shapeways import Shapeways
    import webbrowser
    from requests_oauthlib import OAuth1
    from Shapeways import Shapeways

import AuthKeys
    #import GetKeys #executes the keys dance

import requests
    from requests_oauthlib import OAuth1
    from urlparse import parse_qs

client_key = AuthKeys.client_key
    client_secret = AuthKeys.client_secret

oauth = OAuth1(client_key,client_secret=client_secret,resource_owner_key=AuthKeys.resource_owner_token,resource_owner_secret=AuthKeys.resource_owner_secret,verifier= AuthKeys.myPin)
    r = requests.get(url='https://api.shapeways.com/models/v1', auth=oauth) #https://api.shapeways.com/orders/cart/v1

print r

--------------------------------------------
    <Response [401]>