Hi! Nice To Be Here

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Quaro77, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Hello everybody, I'm Davide from Italy and just created my shop here...
    At the moment I uploaded a little fantasy / cartoon statue I want to use as gadget for our publications, so I ordered it and I'm waiting to see if it can be printed without issues...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/TW78C5VQQ/cartoon-fantasy-knight

Cheers!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Nice work! What software are you using? What brought you to Shapeways?

3. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Thank you! I model with Blender at the moment, I moved to it from 3DS Max cause I think it's very powerful for a free software...
    I found out Shapeways because I was searching for someone who could print this figurine, since it was a reward in the Kickstarter campaign of our tabletop RPG. If my order will be ready in the next days I'll bring it to an important convention in Italy, and if people likes it I'll start modeling the whole characters set.

So, I hope this is the start of a good collaboration :)

4. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    one question: my order was in "production" state until yesterday, and now it's back at "pre-production" state... is this a bad sign?

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you email support, they'll be able to tell you exactly what's going on.

Quaro77 likes this.
  6. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Thanks. Checked again and it's back to production now, I hope everything will be allright :)

7. Quaro77
    Quaro77 Active Member
    Thanks Yusuf, the product is already printed and on its way to my home :)
    Unfortunatly the sword was broken during the process but I asked it to be shipped anyway to check the overall details and quality. Here's a preview pic sent by the staff, some glue and I'll fix it dub.jpg