One Of My Models Is Missing From List When Viewing My Models

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 780652_deleted, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there,

One of my models is missing from my list when viewing My Models. I have just enough models uploaded that My Models takes up one full page and part of a 2nd page. However, I've noticed that the 1st item that SHOULD appear on the 2nd page is missing (using the default sort option of "newest"). If I change the sort options, the missing model will appear, but another model will disappear (depending on the sort options, whatever model would be the 1st item to appear on the 2nd page).

The model that is missing happens to be the 2nd oldest model I've uploaded.

Operating System is Windows 7 64-Bit. Browser is Firefox.

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    can you share an image of the issue? happy to try and help

3. Hi,

It's a little difficult to provide a picture that demonstrates the problem, since I have to zoom the page out to get a whole page of models in one screenshot, and that makes the text hard to read. Nevertheless, I've taken a few screenshots that illustrate the issue.

*In "newest sort, page 2", the first item listed should be "1:18 55 Gal Drum Body (no lid)". However, it doesn't appear on either page 1 or page 2.

*In "default sort, page 1", the item "1:18 55 Gal Drum Body (no lid)" DOES appear; however, the item "1:18 scale Metal Crate Body (no lid) does NOT appear on either page, despite appearing in page 1 using "newest sort".

Attached Files:

4. crnm
    crnm Well-Known Member
  5. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Hi Help/ Bug report,

mymodels.jpg

Recent changes to the 'my models' search have hidden certain models from the search results. At least a few models are no longer showing up since the addition of the 'upload a new model' line and lovely blue cloud into the model search details.

When the 'Newest' setting is chosen this problem this is most notable for me. For in that search I can double check their upload dates. These models do show up if I do a direct search for them.

These models seem to be in ones that would be found in the position of this new line and are now hidden by this line. So I guess that it happens on every page of the search but unfortunately I don't have the hours free to prove this.

Also without cross referencing all my models in all the other search settings to find out what has been hidden. I assume this is happening to other models when the other search settings are in place.

I would be pleased if this new line would not interfere with this sorting of this models or even better be removed. It is a strange new addition, considering that already on this page is a large button offering the same thing.

Could it please be possible that there is some indication as to how long this could take to be fixed and that when it is fixed that some notice is given.

Thanks

Avantverite

6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    This might be browser-specific, which one are you using ? I do not think any of my models play hide-and-seek in firefox at least...

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Is it possible that the models are unprintable? Have you clicked the option to "Show Unprintable"?

8. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Hi Mkroeker, I am using Firefox 43.0.1 as browser.

Just tired Opera 39.0.2226.0 as well. Same same hide and seek

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  9. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Hi Stonysmith, Thanks for your reply. I tired it with the option clicked and it made no difference. Also I doubt that this is the problem. In that the easiest to find of my 'hidden' models have been printed more than once and the other though not printed has passed all appropriate tests. These two models for me are easy to pick out as 'missing in action' as the way I had uploaded these files in 'pairs' at the time.

10. mkroeker
    I just renamed an existing file to "0a.stl" a few minutes ago so that it would be first in both Newest and Alphabetical sort, and shortly after upload I see it displayed in the table now as it should be. If the entries are actually hidden by the new upload bar in your case, perhaps switching to the page source view (under developer tools in firefox, probably similar in opera) and searching for the name of the missing model would reveal something ? (In any case I assume developers will need to know the names/links of the naughty models in order to track down this issue)

11. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Hay thanks for looking into it on your end.

It has not seemed to be a problem for me either on the opening (first) page on the 'newest' setting nor the 'Alphabetical' setting.

When on 'newest' setting it is pages two and five that are the ones that are easy for me to notice the problem. So for you to be able to test the same thing you would have to upload at least (i guess) 24-ish models. Or it would be around your 23-25th model that the problem would appear not your first 'Oa.stl' model.

Maybe the test to do is: note the last one on every page and then add a new one and see if the pushed one ( the one on the end of every last page) is now missing .... I will try to test that on my side.

Not sure (as I am not a web developer at all) how the page source view helps. I think I tested it and it shows that the model is not on the page.

When I search for the name of the missing models directly they do show up successfully.

I haven't added the name of these models as this seems to be a public forum. Of course, I would happily supply the name of the models direct to the developer if I get in direct contact with them.

But after this next test these model names may change ....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  12. mkroeker
    Ah, "pages 2 and following" is important information, come to think of it it makes sense for a one-off error in the code to manifest itself like that. Aaaand.. I can confirm now that alphabetical sorting of my models hides "CaCl2.cif" which should be at the top of page 2 before "CAN.cif".
    Unfortunately the way the model page is generated by a script makes it harder to check its source, but I am certain now that there is no modelId=2160811 (the missing CaCl2) above modelId=4614981 (CAN) on page 2

13. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Phew .. you are looking at it from a coding point of view. I certainly dont know the coding answer.

But I am sure the problem exists now on every page after the first one.

I've tested the proof of adding one model and yes every page after "page 2 and following" is hiding the old model that had been pushed by the new model being added on every page.

14. mkroeker
    I have copied this to the announcement thread in the hope that it gets fixed before the developers turn their attention to some new project.

15. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
  16. avantverite
    avantverite Member
  17. avantverite
    avantverite Member
    Hi mkroeker, Hope there can be a fix. I don't understand the process involved in 'coping to the announcement thread' but I hope it helps. Thanks for brainstorming and getting closer to the problem source it with me.

18. mkroeker
    Hehe. That process is nothing more than me getting on their nerves by soiling the Official Announcement message :D

avantverite likes this.
  19. crnm
    crnm Well-Known Member
    I merged these threads together as they appear to be the same issue.

20. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Hi guys,

Just popping in here to add a quick clarification.

The missing models are not related to the drag and drop feature -- it's a separate issue. It seems we currently have a bug with pagination offset, where each page starts one model # later than where it should, thus giving the appearance that it's being hidden by the dropzone uploader.

The good news is that we're aware and have ticketed up that bug and we'll provide you guys with updates when we have some something to share!

As always, thanks for being diligent and reporting issues here so we can resolve.

avantverite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.