Display To Public Not Working

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by MillerBro, Aug 20, 2016.

1. MillerBro
    MillerBro Well-Known Member
    Like any artist I have a large number of portfolio works of specific designs to show my skills. In fact many clients wont hire an artist until they see how well they can sculpt well known objects like, oh say Garfield or the Batmobile. Because many of these are not mine to sell I used to display them to public as part of my portfolio- but now they dont show up in my Creations unless I actually offer them for sale- it seems like this is a pretty obvious 'bug' or error and needs to be corrected :/

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
  3. MillerBro
    yeah looks like- the Shapeways staff cant seem to respond to these issues and the last time one did they were ever so snarky and tongue in cheek about it that I cant imagine posting bugs here makes much difference :/

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    "Display to the public" should still work as far as I know, but such models will only be visible on what once was the "designer" page, now the "Creations" tab of your profile. When they were banned from the shops some time ago we were told it was for the common good to reduce clutter or something.

5. MillerBro
    Nope- they dont show there for me either- I didnt expect them to be in the shops but they USED to show in my creations area :/

6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Strange. Can you name one of the affected models - I count seven "not for sale" models on your "Creations" pages (five of them on the first page) but obviously I have no idea how many (and which) there should be in addition to what is shown in your shop.

7. MillerBro