World War Two Thread

Discussion in 'Miniatures and Scale Models' started by HOLDEN8702, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Keymaker
    Keymaker Well-Known Member
    Expanding my little collection for my father, last week i received ZIL 157 truck that can tow my missile carrier.

[​IMG]

2. AEModels
    AEModels Member
    Hi,

I'm just starting out making WWII aircraft models for Wings of Glory in 1:200.

<a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/foz" target="_blank"></a>

The fun of trying to adjust a historical miniature models for the thicknesses of materials here, and still keep them looking right.
    There are a few others on here doing the same too.

Anyway, comments and/or criticisms would be appreciated, and I would be willing to adjust for other scales if there is a demand.

Steve

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    (Removed - 2 messages, now 1)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  4. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    Hello!

I'm planning to create some more 1:144 WW2 scale models in the future, mainly tanks.
    These are the first ones I've designed;
    - American Sherman M4a1 tank - (Link) - (pics soon)
    - German Tiger I tank - (Link) -

[​IMG]

EDIT ____________________________________________________________

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Youtube video link :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW5oB7zktX0

I hope you guys like it!
    Kind regards
    Steven

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. MikeyBugs95
    MikeyBugs95 Well-Known Member
    Hi. I'm also a WWII history buff. My main focus is US European/Med Theater but I also take interest in all theaters. I'm also a model builder with a main interest in US armor but also 1/700 US ships. I'm currently building a Cleveland class cruiser and many other 1/35 kits. My first post in the store was actually a set of hawsepipes for Brooklyn, St Louis, Cleveland cruisers and Independence class carriers.

And Steven, I will definitely be looking into that Sherman. I've been looking for a 1/144 sherman kit for a while but haven't found any that aren't pre-built or painted. That's awesome. Planning on making any other Sherman variants like the M4A3E8?

6. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    Hi, thanks MikeyBugs95,
    The M4A3E8 version is on my list but I first have to finish some other projects, then I'll get into it ;)
    Goodluck with your projects, sounds like you're a busy man! :)

Steven

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  7. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    Hi, I've designed an M4A3E8 version of the Sherman tank for Shapeways :)
    I had to drop the machine guns because the barrels would be too thin to print, but this can be made with some copper wire and plastic scraps.

[​IMG]

Hope you guy's like it!
    Kind regards
    Steven - Shop

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  8. MikeyBugs95
    I really like it. But I think you should include the machine guns. Instead of making the barrels to scale you could simply make them the minimum thickness and leave them at that.

9. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    thanks, I added one machine gun a while ago, maybe I'll update it someday with a second gun and figure.
    Kind regards,
    Steven

10. MikeyBugs95
    I recently uploaded more WWII stuff including some 1/700 depth charges and rafts.

11. Hi everyone,

Thanks for starting this thread Holden. The work you all have done here is outstanding. So many scales! My focus is primarily in 1:18 scale with a few 1:16 items. The number one item people print from the Battleground store is the 1:16 German Infantry Bicycle. It was a passion project and I'm surprised at how much interest there was for it. It appears to be due to how easy it is to spice up a diorama, hang it off the back of a Tiger, off the side of a Hanomag, etc..

I print a lot at Shapeways, but also some at home on my new Makergear M2.

Cheers!

Pat

www.battlegroundtoys.com

12. Sensaiku
    Sensaiku Well-Known Member
    Received a custom order from a client. Its a extension for MLRS at scale 1:144. Printed in white and flexible plastic. Seems like I have more projects incoming. Will share with the community once the projects completes. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    shameless cross post... toy walker tanks around N-scale, in the vein of Gear Krieg or WW2 Pacific Rim. articulating legs and turrets, variants for major parts to mix your own. Possibly additional tanks for the major WW2 factions US, France, Germany, UK. currently in the test print phase, will post finished model soon as able. assembled size of around 4"x4"x4"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Anyuta3D
    Anyuta3D Well-Known Member
    We design highly detailed scale model kits, figures & diorama accessories and we offer a variety of products for discerning collectors & hobbyists seeking more than "another-model-in-their-showcase".

Feel free to bookmark and follow our PRODUCTS CATALOG and if you have any requests, just ask. Our catalogue is just a sample of products list - there are nearly hundreds of models, miniatures, kits & diorama accessories, which are not published yet (or not publicly visible) but always available for sale according customer's wishes. Let us know if you are also interested in similar items, scale model kits, figures or diorama accessories. We 'll be very happy to keep in contact with you.

Regards,

Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  15. supernashwan
    supernashwan Member
    If you are into U boats I have a bunch of hatches and stuff, mostly in 1/72 scale (pictured here) but in larger scales too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Not historical per se, something little more sci-fi. For that dieselpunk soft spot in all of us.

[​IMG]

17. Anyuta3D
    D-Day 101st Airborne "Band of Brothers"
    pre-release notice

Coming soon, available in many scales & sizes. We'll offer this as a full diorama scene and individual figures too. Feel free to bookmark & follow our products catalog and stay tuned for all our future releases.

Regards,

Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  18. Anyuta3D
    WWII Czech hedgehog anti-tank obstacle miniature

The Czech hedgehog anti-tank obstacles were originally used on the Czech-German border by the Czechoslovak border fortifications - a massive but never completed fortification system that was turned over to Germany in 1938 after the occupation of the Sudetenland as a consequence of the Munich Agreement. They were produced from any sturdy piece of metal and sometimes even wood, including railroad ties. Czech hedgehogs were especially effective in urban combat, where a single hedgehog could block an entire street. Czech hedgehog anti-tank obstacles were part of the defenses of the Atlantic Wall and are visible in many images of the Normandy invasion.

This Czech hedgehog anti-tank obstacle miniature item(s) is/are available in many scales & sizes, 3D printed with Frosted Detail plastic material for best quality result. Offered as multi-items pack for a scale diorama display scene alongside with same scale figures or other vehicles, although would look just fine as individual items.

Feel free to bookmark & follow our products catalog and stay tuned for all our future releases. For additional info & directions, feel free to contact with us.

Regards,
    Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Anyuta3D
    WWII Wehrmacht M30 bicycle model kit

German Army bicycles (Wehrmacht Truppenfahrrades) were widely used during WWII operations - more than 3 million bicycles used by Germans. Every infantry, Jäger and Gebirgsjäger division usually had 1 to 3 bicycle squadrons in their reconnaissance battalions. Almost all WWII European Armies used identical bicycles. Thousands civilians used same bicycles decades after War ended.

This Wehrmacht Fahrrade M30 reconnaissance duty bicycle miniature is available in many scales & sizes, 3D printed with Frosted Detail plastic material for best quality result. It can make a fine diorama display alongside with same scale figures or other vehicles, although it will look just fine on its own of course.

Ultra-detailed building instructions manual can be found HERE

Feel free to bookmark & follow our products catalog and stay tuned for all our future releases. For additional info & directions, feel free to contact with us.

Regards,

Anyuta 3D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    German line available in the shop! Mix and match your own design with two different turrets, leg and repulsor mobility systems.

[​IMG]