Greetings!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 1155439_deleted, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Hello folks!

I have started my presence here with buying a Beta product, and it has gone well.

Now, I have a question that may or may not be in the right place, but here goes:
    What rock do I look under to find something like blank Lego Minifig Heads that I can order in lots? I have plans to work with a local company that can print things onto items, and I am hoping to make a few custom minifig heads. Specifically, Walter White/Heisenberg. If the heads go well, I might even get a run of torsos and/or legs going. Heads are my first priority, tho.

In the mean time, I am hoping to take a couple of models that are currently in the Open Source pool and modify them, then post them here for printing.

That's my claim for starting a store here. If I can get raw materials to work with, I may make a bunch of things available as I go.

Thanks for being here, and I hope to contribute a bunch of things as time goes by!

Peace!
    ~TLoATDaE

katkinkead likes this.
  2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Hey @TLoATDaE welcome to the party! Hopefully someone in here can help you out :)

3. Indeed!
    Surely there's someone who's made an accurate minifig head model that can be printed off inexpensively.

There's certainly plenty of other things here to shop through, so here's hoping!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Did you try entering something like "minifig head" into the shop search box at the top of the page ? First hit is a set of two completely blank ones by "MarkSkarr" (but I must admit I have absolutely no idea if they are the right size and style)

5. Will try that...
    Looks like there are no real choices. The double head item you mentioned doesn't even get offered in yellow, so it's rather a bust. Must be a copyright thing, or there'd be a Lot more to choose from.

I have even tried to Google for bulk, blank genuine Lego heads, but to no avail. I fear my google-fu is very weak at best.

Perhaps someone else has some insight?

Thanks for the input! It is greatly appreciated! I'll continue to look. If nothing else, it may inspire me to make a model of my own for posting. You never know.

6. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be that "MarkSkarr" created it before shapeways offered the yellow (-dyed) version of the material, you could try asking him to make it available for sale in yellow as well (contact him through the link on his model page).