Announcing: New Forums!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andrewsimonthomas, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
  2. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    ok - thanks.

Andrewsimonthomas likes this.
  3. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    I'm glad the new spam filter is working, but it seems to be leaving a vapour-trail in the Community Hub page! Most of the listings in the "Recently Active Threads" box are duff, but when clicked they no longer exist...

4. thomasdroze
    thomasdroze Member
    I can't answer to a customer ! It's telling me my message is spam-like WTF !
    I tried removing some words but nothing changes, I can't reply !

What is happening Shapeways ?

5. elopez3d
    elopez3d Well-Known Member
    Things are slowly getting fixed!
    Thanks all the Shapeways employees.

6. barkingdigger
    Any chance we'll be getting Private Messaging back anytime soon? It seems to be a growing problem on the "Designer Needed" forum, where some responders have resorted to the unseemly expedient of quoting rates in open replies...

7. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    @barkingdigger @leoparder can you be more specific about issues with private messaging?

Please provide screenshots and URLs to the issue when applicable. If you want to pm or email us if the information is private that works too.

8. elopez3d
    My guess is that the default settings for new accounts is, "Receive messages from people you follow".

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  9. barkingdigger
    Yep - I bet you're right! Maybe they could force an "unblock" for anyone who posts on the Designer Needed forum?

10. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting this. There appears to be an issue with some accounts that get created completely missing this setting default (should default to all members).

We've ticketed this internally and hope to resolve very soon, and will let you guys know when we've resolved the issue.

Cheers,

11. NimlothCQ
    This should now be fixed!

12. elopez3d
    Yes, PM's seem to be working.
    Thanks!

I encountered a new bug today.
    I don't know if its related to the breach or not, I saw someone post somewhere about the same problem.
    Can no longer upload a model on Chrome, (even in incognito).
    Tries getting me to login once hitting upload, again and again.
    Does not happen on Edge, or Firefox.

13. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    With regards to knowing if there are new unread posts,

readunread.jpg

I have at least one of these buttons that has no color but not sure why. And the others don't seem to ever change. Is there even a way to determine read/unread? And if so is there a way to mark everything as unread?

14. NimlothCQ
    Colored (by section) means new posts. Gray/faded no color means nothing new :)

15. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    The buttons appear to be colored by section, with greyed-out ones signalling "no new messages" ("Shapeways Crew" seems to be mostly abandonded - I guess this holds for that whole concept as well ?)
    (Meh, beaten by NimlothCQ)

16. MrNibbles
    It doesn't seem to be working for me using Chrome, if that matters. The only two that seem to be permanently grayed out are the ones for Shapeways Crew and Customization. None of the others ever change. Any suggestions as to what might get this feature functional?

17. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Does it work with other browsers? Or maybe you have unread posts in other pages? The status was wrongly set up to Jun 6th posts or so, that didn't match the starting day of the migration and included already read ones.

18. MrNibbles
    I'm trying Explorer now and no difference. Chrome is my primary browser most days. Do I need to open every single unread thread in a section? That would be crazy. That's why I'm thinking there must be a read all button around here somewhere to reset the whole mess in one fell swoop. But alas I can find nothing to do that. Guess I'll keep trying stuff.

Also within a section are there any indicators that individual threads have been read?

19. MrNibbles
    Duh, I found a mark everything as read at the top of the page. Not sure why I missed that before! Must be old age.

20. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Mark as read was nowhere at first, then it appeared in one place, then in current place. It has been sneaky.

elopez3d likes this.