Get urls

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by dynath, Jul 26, 2016.

1. dynath
    dynath Member
    Is there a way to get all product urls? I mean other than clicking through editing each model.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    If you have some programming skills, you can use the API to get a full list of models and URLs.
    see developer.shapeways.com

3. dynath
    dynath Member
    My programming skills are limited, sadly haven't done real programming since I was in high school some 20 odd years ago :(.
    I know I'd be no good creating it from scratch.
    I know I've seen you suggest API code before is there any chance you have a script I can start from?
    There was an old forum discussion I saw about creating a catalog which I'm assuming uses the same basic information i'm looking for, IE links to all models and their name.
    In the long run I'm trying to recover my models via shapeways. I recently lost my computers and backups due to a wild fire. the only place my 1600 or so models exists is on shapeways.

4. stonysmith
  5. dynath
    dynath Member
    Thank you, I appreciate your assistance. I'll take a look at the code and get started this weekend.

6. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
  7. dynath
    dynath Member
    That's a great idea that I tried but it doesn't work consistently. While trying it I found that once my login cookie expired the model links would no longer load. To work without the cookie it needs a "Key" apparently, added at the end which is unique to the model or maybe to a group of models. Not sure, that is what I was hoping Stony's script would get me. I haven't gotten a chance to try it sadly.

I think I've said this years ago before I was hospitalized and couldn't use shapeways, but the site really needs bulk management tools. They've fixed a lot of stuff over the past year, hopefully that can be one of them.

8. stonysmith
    Private models would require the key. Public models should not require one.

9. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    That may be correct. I have written a filter based web tool to allow easier navigation and handling of mass changes, which is based on this csv. And when I'm logged in this worked great ...
    At least for some it also works in an anonymous firefox window so this technique should also work when not logged in. But maybe there are other examples ...
    Woody64