New from Tennessee with question.

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 1249839_deleted, Jul 14, 2016.

1. hi, my name is Michele.
    I'm really interested I. The 1:12 FUD Alter Ego female.
    I'm a 1:12 dollhouse builder and renovator. I've been looking for some time for a BJD in 1:12 scale. There are some out there but either I don't like their hair, their facial expression and paint job, or they are so expensive. As it is I spend a small fortune on my dollhouses.
    I've never assembled a BJD but I'm pretty good at figuring things out.
    Would this be good for dollhouse purposes?
    I'd really appreciate any advice before purchasing.
    Thank you in advance.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Mr_props likes this.
  3. Mr_props
    Mr_props Member
    Hello Michele. If you'd like to try, maybe this model is the best one in the 1/12 range:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/4...model-kit?optionId=60031598&li=shop-inventory
    The MkXX alter ego bjd recieved all the updates from prvious models, and should be relatively easy to modify if you have some sculpting skills. However, i never had the oppotunity to test this model in an actual 1/12 setting, and i cheated slightly on the proportions to try to make it more elegant, and as a result, the legs are a little longer than an anatomical model would be. Now i have to admit it requires some patience as the polyamide used to print the doll has a grainy surface.
    Best regards,
    Alex

4. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Hey Michele! Welcome to the community, I'm glad we were able to get you in touch with the shop owner and I hope you got all the information you were looking for from his response!

Since you're new here, you should get yourself set up with an avatar! This will help us identify you when you ask questions in other threads, and it also helps build a relationship with the rest of the community here at Shapeways.

If you want to change it, you can go to your settings tab (hover over the default avatar on the top right of the screen) and then head over to the profile tab to switch up your pic.

Hope to see you around the forum more!!