Dieselpunk Tanks W/ Kickstarter!

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by NoahLI, Jul 16, 2016.

1. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Kickstarter is Live!

Dieselpunk Walker Tanks, approximately 1/100 scale sci-fi models for display or desktop gaming.
    Soviet; German; currently available. French, US, British in progress. WSF or FUD material options.

Soviet and French, and Bananna
    [​IMG]

All primary sets:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Arkhan likes this.
  2. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
  3. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Wow looks awesome!! keep us posted on updates :)

4. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    I think this will cover it for launch, 2 turret variants, 2 leg variants, and assortment of main guns. added space in the feet for small neodymium magnets so this could work as a fridge magnet. :D test print is in the mail, hopefully the design works as I expected and there won't need to be any major rework.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. andrewsmodels
    andrewsmodels Well-Known Member
    Great work .... i had in mind a concept for a walking tank based on Theo Jensen walking sculptures

6. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    that would be amazing! I'm studying the mechanism and seeing how it could be implemented. He actually has a shop on Shapeways to.

7. andrewsmodels
    yes i know , have visited his shop ,he has a cardboard i would see implemented as a tank ...

8. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    I think a Big Dog (Boston Dynamics) type robot would be doable using strandbeest leg mechanism. insect like legs might be doable too, but much much more complicated.

9. andrewsmodels
    the system is quite simple it would be great for things like tank stempunk or not and things like mars rovers

10. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    actually now I got an idea for a vehicle that uses those legs. :D

11. andrewsmodels
    cool , hope to be able to sketch mine soon
    [​IMG]
    i like this perspective

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  12. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    German line; still blocking out the legs. chassis and turret is getting there.

asdfasdf.jpg

andrewsmodels likes this.
  13. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    asdfasdf.jpg

Another turret, and worked up the legs. Some small tweaks still needed. Should have these packaged and uploaded next week.

14. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    More sci-fi. Bulky and more fragile than legs and tracks, that doesn't stop germany from deploying repulsor technology
    LegsMk4.jpg

15. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
  16. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    French line. Entirely new philosophy favoring mobility over armor. While slightly taller in profile than typical walker tanks, the smaller footprint allows the French walker tanks to access narrower streets often encountered on the Europe continent, a major advantage in urban situations. French walker tanks typically operate in teams of two, allowing one to reload their magazine while the other provides fire power.
    AMX-D.jpg

Quaro77 likes this.
  17. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    These continue to bring me lots of joy :)

im digging that lil grate covering the "knee" on the new french model too, nice touch

18. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Thanks! I got test parts for the french tanks in production. should have painted model in a few weeks. Gonna try a kickstarter for the remaining two.

19. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    Just a small sample of possible combinations with the existing pieces.
    [​IMG]

20. CopperBezel
    CopperBezel Well-Known Member
    The one in your sig is still the most beautiful. I love that turret, and the low-slung quadruped body seems both practical and nicely aggressive. Any thought of doing a hexapod chassis?