Mark up and sales error.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by TynesideModels, Mar 4, 2015.

1. I'm contacting you to raise a complaint about two different issues. One relates to the markup on items I have recently sold, while the second relates to the quality of a print I have just recieved.

Over the past month and a bit I have sold at least four models across a number of orders and so I was expecting to have hit the $30 minimum markup for you to transfer the markup into my PayPal account. Unfortunately when I just checked I see that while all five sales are shown on my account you have listed a markup of $0 against all but one of the models. I have checked these models and there is a markup assigned to each of the materials in which I have sold a model, excluding one material which was not on sale but somehow someone had managed to bypass this and order it. I have logged out and viewed the models as an avergae user and the price shown includes my markup. So I'd like to know why my markup has not been credited to my account. I've attached screenshots showing both the sales confirmation e-mails, the product pages showing the markup, and the sales page showing that no markup has credited to my account. Can you please update your records so that my account accurately reflects the sales I have made. I believe that I should have another $59 of markups that you have effectively stolen.

My second complaint concerns a print I recieved today. This was a print of 1 x 'LNER BR Class Y7 (NER class H) for EM gauge (1:76)' in Frosted Ultra Detail. Unfortunately it appears as if it was printed in FD instead of FUD as every surface shows signs of having had support material against it. The prescense of the support material has affected the surface which has obscured many of the surface details. If I am paying the premium to print in FUD over FD then I expect the model to be sensibly orientated to minimise the amount of support material required. Orientating a model so that it requires support material on every surface goes against the material description. If I know you are going to do this then I might as well have saved some money and printed in FD instead.

So can you please investigate both issues. I would like my account updated with all the markup I am due as well as a reprint of the model taking into account the print orientation to minimise the surface damage from the support material.

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving both these issues,
    Adam.

Attached Files:

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Adam- have you contacted service about your issues?

3. I'm having this same issue to varying degrees. I've sold one item that says there was no markup on it despite markup being set, and I've sold several others that show an incorrect markup. This needs to be fixed.

4. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    Hi,

I think that you will also support my proposal to create a Configurator of fee for all materials (%+$) by default. Then you can set the %+$ (0%+5$, 5%+0$, 5%+5$ as example) once for each material/finishes and they will be applied on all models in store automatically.

I agree with you that this is an attempt of theft $ during uploading the model when you have zero fees by default, it's unfair. Competitor more honest, because allows you set the ANY % markup (in global options) for all items in the store by default.

My suggestion here https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=25961 &start=0& and here https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=21880 &start=0&

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Have you reported the Order#'s and Model#'s to service@shapeways.com?

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

We're investigating!
    Thanks for reporting.

I'll get back to you all once I got some more info.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Sorry for the late reply, but this issue has been resolved.