Offering discount for specific customers or friends

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ByMichaelCPoulsen, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    ByMichaelCPoulsen Active Member
    Hi Shapeways team,

I have the following on my wish list:

To be able to offer specific customers a discount. I can be for friends or colleagues... or it can be in order to run a campaign.

It should work independently from the standard product prices that should not be touched in order to offer the discount. The customers should be able to see the standard price and feel that they were actually getting a good deal. It could also be a way to credit returning customers. Or a way to get extra attention in relation to launching new products... like a product launch discount.

Is this something you could consider?

Michael C. Poulsen / Inspired By Architecture

2. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Hi Michael.

This thread had to be in "suggestions" forum.

That's very interesting.

When I've had to do it, my solution was to upload as a new model and let "offer to sale" but don't "open to public" and then I've sent the link to my VIP customer.

There's two possible problems:

- The model previously printed could be rejected as a new model. It happens every day when a designer does a combo pack for an interested customer (no need to say that in this case, the designer's name is very harmed).

- The customer could get some items and could do his own business between his friends. This haven't happened to me, but it could happen.

A normalized discount (in our markups and only for an specific customer) is a real good idea.

Hey, Shappy Team, are you here?

Best regards

Luis

3. Hi Shapies,

same as Luis, would like to give some special offers to good customers. Eventually with a special ordering code or something like this.

Stephan from MoM

4. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    :) I've heard this one before and as a shop owner myself, I'd like to have this feature too.

An immediate solution is that you can make a private but for sale model and send your customer a hyperlink to it, the model won't be available in searches, but they can by it at a custom price from that link. After the sale you can make it unavailable again.

5. MichaelAtOz
    MichaelAtOz Well-Known Member
    +1. A coupon/code system, with options of use-once,use-n-times,use-until-date would be handy.

6. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    With the new "First to Fail" flag in our new models, this is also more interesting to "cheat" to the first customer and obtain the "product" banner faster.

7. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    ByMichaelCPoulsen Active Member
    There is no such thing as cheating... Shapeways really don't care who the first customer is or who in fact is buying the first print. As long as it has been printed Shapeways knows it is possible to do successfully and they would be confident there won't be any complaints associated. And I should say it is fair to a certain extend. But not fair if it means you have to print the same ring in all the sizes offered for sale and in every material offered for sale... That doesn't make any sense. A ring should be few of any first to try label if it has been printed in another size (at least when the smallest size is printed). But to be able to do this automatically there would need to be implemented an automatic ring size scaler or the different sizes if a model uploaded should be able to be linked so the system will know it is a scaled model family.

Mike

8. giorgio79
    giorgio79 Member