Yellow & Green Strong and Flexible Plastic, Now Available!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Hi Shapies!

flower-bangles.jpg
    We are very proud to announce the addition of Yellow and Green to our Strong & Flexible Plastics family! Same rules apply as with other dyed Strong & Flexible plastics. Feel free to enable these colors in your Shops- we can't wait to see what you make next!

...and it is nice timing for the world cup ;). Special Shout Out to Magic for being a featured launch model!

What do you think? What colors do you hope we release next?

Best,
    Savannah

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The Baylor University alumni will be happy now :)

3. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    It's a bit disappointing to have been send pictures of two of my models in yellow, and not seeing them added with the rest on facebook.

4. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Unfortunately so will the Oregon Ducks (I'm a Husky, we have "feelings" about the green and gold...) but as a Shapie I'm happy to see the colors out no less! At least our Brazilian Shapie Friends can print some soccer/futbol swag :D
    brazil-jersey.jpeg

5. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
  6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Why colors are not valid for UNPOLISHED Strong & Flexible ?! Only color not polish ...why hard ?! :(

7. 354057_deleted
    354057_deleted Member Design Team
    GO DUCKS!!!

8. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    I like that there's now an enhanced colour palette. Still in hope to see black (polished dyed) and grey in.

Taking a look on my items show, that the items seems to have these colours disabled per default.

Woody64

9. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  10. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    @numarul7

The quick answer is that we've found Polished plastics take, and hold, the dye better than unpolished models.

It's a decision we made to ensure you, and your customers, have consistently colored products.

Cheers,
    Natalia

11. ThomasSwart
    ThomasSwart Member
    I'm very happy to see some new colors and will be testing something: http://shpws.me/ujsZ in yellow really soon. In the future, I'd like to see orange (yeah, I'm Dutch) and grey added to the Polished Plastic palette as well.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  12. Tamfang
    Tamfang Member
    Oh, it never occurred to me that the colors are put on after building!

How about allowing colored-unpolished as maker materials? The main thing I want color for is to distinguish similar designs in my experiments.

(But anyway, yay! Notice the colors of my icon!)

13. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    @stonysmith Thank you! *read that in 2012 when I had no account in here ... forgot about it! =))

@natalia Thank you! I love short answers! <3

PS: Shapeways crew remember no water for the Gremlins!!! On next update! <3

14. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    It has been raining all week in NYC...
    [​IMG]

No worries, we will make sure to bring some sunlight in the room before releasing to prevent any bad gremlins from taking over the system :)

15. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    And you Dutchies... stay tuned, we just might have a treat up our sleeves for you tomorrow...

16. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Ohh nice,, did i miss something? :O

[​IMG]

17. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Oh Oh, I think I know what it is!

18. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    It' s ORANGE :) YAY