Material Not Printable Error

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by OberSchutze, Feb 13, 2019.

1. OberSchutze
    OberSchutze Member
    Hello, I am trying to place an item as a product that I designed. It is within size constraints, and I have another part that has the same outer dimensions that is good to go. For every material I select it says "Material Not Printable"

2. catslady123
    catslady123 Well-Known Member
    Hey @OberSchutze! We're looking into this now. In the meantime, you should be able to resolve this by re-uploading the model that's showing as unprintable. On the upload view, select "Tools" then "Update" then choose the same file from your computer:

Image 2019-02-13 at 7.19.02 AM.png

We hope to have a more complete fix (not just a workaround) out soon. I'll update here once it's ready.

3. OberSchutze
    OberSchutze Member
    I re-uploaded it and it worked, thank you. As a side question, is it possible to bundle multiple models as a package?

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Yes, but there is a minimum price per PART. If the items can't be picked up as a single object, then it adds to the labor required. One common method of dealing with this is to connect the models together with sprues, or to wrap a cage around the whole thing so that the parts won't go floating off.

catslady123 likes this.
  5. catslady123
    catslady123 Well-Known Member
    This issue should be fixed! Let us know if you're still not seeing any available materials when you upload models to your accounts.

6. chosetec
    chosetec Member
    Hi, I'm getting a "Not Printable" error when I'm trying to set up one of my models as a product. This doesn't seem to make sense because the same model was already printed by Shapeways without complaint or issue (and I have received it already).

The model in question is this one:

Attached Files:

7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    On your Product page, scroll down to the prices and click on the eye icon on the far right:
    upload_2022-4-25_11-17-12.png

At the moment the materials are set disabled.
    Clicking on the icon and saving the page resolves this.

8. chosetec
    chosetec Member
    Thanks, that fixed it!