A New Printer

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Frozenrain, Feb 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    Now I set the retraction speed of 100(mm/s) , the retraction distance of 10mm, nozzle temperature of 190°C.
    It now looks better.But still webbing.:(
    upload_2018-2-13_23-42-9.png

2. shariff
    shariff Well-Known Member
    Wow still have this problem occurring?

My next guess would be to check how much filament you are feeding through the nozzle in the beginning of placing in your filament. A good practice I've kept up learnt from my Wanhao manual is feeding through about 13mm from using the extruder position option if, that's what it's called on your printer,then pinch off excess with a forcep/tweezer and then print.I say this because it must be that it's overflowing from the behinning, any excess jus pinch it off using a tweezer it comes off easily.

If this isn't the case it's definitely the filament,wen finished with a print just pack it in a sealed bag it preserves against moist overtaking it.

Again just my opinion but try rigid.ink they seem really cool so far from my experience the package it comes in is also an air tight sealing packet.They say they use natural sources to make their filaments and thus results in great prints and fights those problems we 3d printers hate such as webbing....They were my immediate choice after having problems with my first choice which was also PLA but after trying so many things rigid.ink was just amazing in contrast so little effort to get a nice print they even give you a nice little card reminding you of what temperatures are needed and so on.

3. Frozenrain
    When I feed the filament through the nozzle and choose the feeding function of the printer.The printer then keep spitting the filament.And the manual told me to stop it when the printer is successfully spitting.So I think it doesn't matter how much filament I fed.

Oh,I checked the rigid.ink. The filaments on rigid.ink are very expensive. Twelve times more expensive than the cheapest filaments that I can buy in China:eek:.But the shipping price is only $5.52 which is much much cheaper than shapeways.:D

And thanks again for the tips,shariff:).I will try rigid.ink filaments after I finished wasting these cheap filaments.:D

4. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    this is one of the nightmares i try to avoid of owning a printer, i let shapeways figure that out :p
    , about shapeways prizing, its prety normal for a large company has sush prizes becus those printers are large industrial printers not some common household printer, they also need to pay there staff, and the rent of the factory

5. Frozenrain
    Yes, the printing price is fair enough.But the shipping price is horrible!Especially when shipping to Asia.:(

6. shariff
    shariff Well-Known Member
    @Frozenrain Oh ok then from the looks of it it's definitely the filament but guess you can keep trying to tweak the settings you've been trying and see what happens. And yes lol sorry I forgot to mention price of rigid.ink filaments but I will say it's worth it a 100 times better than the stuff I used before it.At first I didn't want to admit it's the Filament because of spending so much already like, yourself,hours and days just tweaking and hoping it'll come out great but to no avail, but then I went for it and changed to rigid.ink I am glad I did. But hope u fix your issue and lol remember to take a days break or two if it gets too frustrating or it'll get to ur head I tell you I learnt that the hard way:rolleyes:

It's easier to solve a problem after a good break.

7. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    I just purchased an Anycubic Photon for $540 off Amazon and received it last Thursday. I absolutely love this printer so far! I haven't had much chance to print with it so far because I'm working on a big custom jewelry project but I printed my most troublesome design, my ouroboros ring design, and it printed the eyes perfectly at 10 micron layers and 47 micron XY resolution. It's so easy to use. You don't have to think about shitloads of settings because most of that is handled internally. The green resin that came with it smells very mild compared to other daylight resins I have tried and there is apparently a resin that has no smell whatsoever that the Photon community has recommended. But in short, this is already my favorite 3D printer of the five I currently own. :)

8. Frozenrain
    Wow,great! Congratulations! 10 micron layers are much much better than FDM printers.

9. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    :D

10. rkapuaala
    rkapuaala Well-Known Member
    Has anyone used the Wanhao Duplicator 8 DLP resin printer before? If so, what are your thoughts, I'm thinking of adding that printer to my tool box.