Ah, unfortunately not. Whoops! I could possibly get a pic of the modified piece, and I'll do my best to explain it though:
The vanilla head mounts flush with the body due to the unorthodox connection method where the neck rod goes into the back of the head (albeit giving the robot no visible neck). The Shapeways piece, on the other hand, has the connection going into the base of the head, and due to the thickness of the neck assembly, it sits quite a distance from the body, thus giving it the opposite problem.
I sorted mine out by sawing off the mushroom peg from the default neck piece, leaving a flat "platform" which I mounted the ball joint onto.
Hopefully this awfully drawn diagram I made will give you an idea as to the problem I ran into. I have no idea how easy it would be to remedy the model, though from my estimations it could be done solely by changing the neck piece. Carve out a bit of the neck "strut" to make room for the back of the head and lower the ball joint onto a recessed "platform".