I bought this frame for the extra strength but the improved performance is more than I expected. The combination of less weight, slightly longer arms and just the right amount of rigidity and flexibility in the right places makes for a very nice design. Having to extend the wires to the motors went from a negative to a positive by doing it in such a way that motors are MUCH easier to replace now. First I soldered all 4 wire pairs (the extensions) onto the controller board and threaded them through the arms and stuck the ends through the openings where the motors are mounted. Then I soldered the motor wires to the extensions and using an un-bent paper clip as a hook I pulled the excess wire through the arm away from the motor and wrapped the excess around next to the edge of the controller board, then snapped the motor into place with all the excess wire out of the way. Having the excess wire circling the controller board looks like a colorful birds nest, but when I need to replace a motor now I just have to snap it out and pull and there's enough wire to expose the ends that need to be disconnected and re-soldered. No screws to remove, nothing else to deal with but just replacing the motor. Very nice!