i appreciate the feedback. This is a BETA project which means its undergoing testing from others. this feedback helps me to tweak the model. a few questions.
1. Here is a photo of my Kato Coalporter on the very first test print of the dumper. the atlas flex track is recessed into the track pit and there is clearance for the car. Its not a lot, but it does fit.
2. Did you get the polished version or the regular White Flexible? I added the polished to make the rolling surfaces smoother. What needs to be adjusted with the rollers? wider? deeper?
3. Did you use the 225/226 styrene tubes? I double checked the opening for each tubes mount in my design and they should fit just fine. You could use smaller tubing or as you said, drill them out. Not a big deal, but i will add it to my list of items to modify in these models.
4. Making this model truly operational will require a lot more work. I fully expect, on my model, to replace the roller with something of an actually roller bearing. As i mentioned in another dicussion, ive not had the time to build the motor i bought for testing to see how the plastic can handle the operational aspect. It might prove to need a lot more re-design. I beleive i sent you the pages i used for inspiration (HO models).
5. the picture is rather small you submitted, not sure if thats shapeways doing or not.
again, thank you for the feedback and ill continue to make changes to improve the product.