ATTENTION South Park super fans, technophiles and collectible geeks – South Park Studios have joined the Shapeways community and has opened their very own South Park Shop! For the first time you will be able to purchase some of your favorite South Park characters – in physical form.
The collector-inspired character line is printed in full-color sandstone and the shop will feature year-round introductions of new and old characters. South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have hand signed a limited number of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman figurines which select fans, who purchase the full set, will have an opportunity to win in these first two weeks of the South Park shop opening here at Shapeways. (contest rules below)
The South Park shop also includes fan favorites like Candidate Garrison, Terrance and Phillip, Tweek and many more. Each month a new character will be added to the shop so make sure you follow the South Park shop so you are the first to know when new characters launch!
So what inspired South Park Studios to join the Shapeways community? To celebrate their 20th season of South Park of course! Fans around the world have continued to connect with the virtual world of South Park for two decades and now digital manufacturing can bring South Park out of the screen and into our physical world in a unique and dynamic way episode after episode.
3D Printing can offer a wealth of benefits including real time customization for fans and direct interaction with the brand. The South Park shop on Shapeways is the inaugural partnership with Source 3, South Park Studios and White Clouds.
Kudos to Viacom and South Park Studios for embracing 3D technology by setting an example in the industry and forging a stronger relationships with their fans.
South Park Signed Character Giveaway Rules
1. Eligibility. This contest is operated by Shapeways. It is open to Shapeways users in the United States over 13 years of age at the time of entry who live in a jurisdiction that does not prohibit this contest. Employees, officers, and directors of Shapeways and their immediate family are not eligible to enter. Individuals may enter more than one entry into the competition but may not do so by way of automated means. By entering this contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Prize. Three winning entries will receive a set of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman, and Bus Stop Sign models with two of the four figurines signed by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
3. Contest period. This contest is open from August 23, 2016 to August 29, 2016, and again from August 30, 2016 to September 5, 2016. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM eastern time on August 29, 2016 and September 5, 2016, respectively.
4. How to Enter. Entrants must purchase a set of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman, and Bus Stop Sign models from https://www.shapeways.com/product/Q3UNZBJAJ/the-south-park-boys-collector-set?optionId=60521213. You may also enter by sending a postcard with your name, phone number, and email address to:
Attn: Contest Department
419 Park Ave. South
New York, NY 10016
Postcards must be received by the end of the contest period in order to enter.
5. Winner Selection. Shapeways will select the winners from the pool of applicants on August 30, 2016 and September 6, 2016, respectively. There will be only three winners per period. Shapeways will determine the winners by randomly identifying applicants from the entire pool of applicants.
6. Winner notification. The winners will be notified when he or she receives the prize. Shapeways may contact winners via the email address provided in order to obtain confirmation of the winner’s eligibility. If Shapeways cannot contact the winner through the contact information in their Shapeways account in a reasonable amount of time, a runner-up will receive the prize. If a runner-up cannot be contacted, Shapeways will select a third place finisher to receive the prize.
7. Taxes. The winners will be solely responsible for paying all federal, state, and local taxes that may be due on winnings and, as a condition of receiving the prize, Shapeways may require the winner complete tax documentation.
8. Liability and Jurisdiction. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply; void where prohibited. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved exclusively by a court located in Manhattan, New York, USA. Decisions by Shapeways regarding the interpretation of these rules are final. By participating in this contest, you agree to release Shapeways and its agents from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind of injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Shapeways reserves the right to amend these official rules and to permanently disqualify from this contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules. Shapeways reserves the right to suspend or cancel this Contest in the event of hacking, security breach, or other tampering. Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Additional Considerations. Shapeways is not responsible for (i) any typographical or other error in any communication relating to the Contest; (ii) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete, entries or emails; (iii) interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, telephone, cable or other connections; (iv) any technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, failed, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (v) hardware, software or network malfunctions; (vi) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (vi) any damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation of the Contest or downloading or uploading any materials.
Shapeways reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Shapeways is prevented from continuing with the Contest or the integrity or feasibility of the Contest is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Shapeways, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of Shapeways, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (b) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Shapeways; and/or (c) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Contest.