Open your Shop in a Few Easy Steps
Make money with your 3D modeling skills! Just upload your design, snap a photo and Shapeways does rest. We handle production, shipment and customer service so you can what you do best: being creative. Together we are a factory; a marketplace; the future.
Creating your Shapeways Shop
- Visit the My Shop link located on the Make+Sell navigation tab. This will display a page that allows you to create your own personal shapeways shop.
- Shop Name – Pick a fun name for your shop. If your shop is specific to a type of product, like puzzles, it could help to add that like “Joe's Puzzle shop”.
- Shop URL - Pick a unique web address that matches your shop name. Keep in mind that you can not change this URL. Your shop url becomes shapeways.com/shops/YOURSHOPURL
- PayPal – add your Paypal email address so we can pay you. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can set one up in minutes.
Setting up your Shapeways Shop
- Visit the My Shop link located on the Make+Sell navigation tab. This will display a page that allows you to manage and customize your own personal shapeways shop.
- Banner – Customize your shop with your own banner design visually expressing exactly what your shop is about. The image pixel size used is 960 x 125 px.
- Description – Tell us what your shop is all about! Introduce yourself and the story of your products. People love hearing about what inspires designers, so tell them your story here.
- Logo – upload your logo, a rectangular format works best and fits with the 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Google Analytics – if you have it, you can also add your google analytics identifier code here. For more info about how this can help with sales, check out our holiday tips for sales and statistics tracking blog post.
- Curate a selection of your products. Manage the order of the models in your gallery so visitors see the most attractive, inspiring or popular models first.You may have lots of 3D models, but we suggest you pick only the best products to put into your shop. This means models that have been printed before and for which you have beautiful photos. Do not clutter up your shop with "default renders" of unrealized products. If you have great photographs next to grey renders it erodes the overall integrity of the look of your shop. Less is more!
How to add products to your shop
- Upload a new design, or offer one of your existing models for sale.
- Hover the product that you wish to offer for sale and click 'Edit Model'.
On the edit page, check 'Display to the public' and 'Offer for sale to others'. By default, your models are private, so this step makes it visible to the public.