how do i clear the Java cache?
This tutorial applies to:
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 (SP4+), Windows XP (SP1 SP2)
Internet Explorer 5.5, Internet Explorer 6.x, Internet Exploror 7.x, Internet Explorer 8 beta, Netscape 6.2x, Netscape 7, Mozilla 1.4+
1.5.0, 6.0 , 6.0_07
To clear the Java Plug-in cache:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
The Java Control Panel appears.
- Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
- Click Delete Files.
The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
- Delete Files
- View Applications
- View Applets
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
- Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
Note: If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.