How To Use Beta Products
Products in Beta are in active development and are being improved upon through product iteration. As a Shop Owner, by putting your product in Beta, you will be able to invite your friends, fans, and communities to support you in the product development process and get feedback to improve the design. You can ask for feedback on how it fits, whether they like the design, or anything else you need to get your product over the finish line. More and more, people want to be a part of the creative process -- let them into the conversation!
Set Up Your Beta Product
- On the Details tab on your model edit page, you can include information about your design process and why you are making this product in the description, then add pictures and video
- Go to the Selling tab on your model edit page and select "Put this product in Beta"
- Add a message to shoppers that succinctly explains why your product is in Beta, which will appear above the "Buy Now" button on your product.
- Add a more detailed description of your goals and specific questions you want answered in the Beta Feedback tab on your product page, which is only visible to you and buyers of your product. Learn more about telling a story with your product
Get feedback on the fit and functionality of your product
- Is the product the right size and shape to fit it's intended use?
- Did it meet their expectations for what the shopper wanted?
- Was it printed in the appropriate material, or is there a better option?
- Is the price reasonable for your product?
- Ask for a picture of your model in every material it is printed in
Share with the World
The best way to get more feedback is to ask your friends, family, fans, or any other community who might be interested in your product to buy your product and to share their feedback in the Private Beta Feedback comment tab. Learn how to spread the word about your product.
Keep Your Buyers Up to Date
Shoppers who are purchasing Beta Products are excited to hear about your design process and iterations, so be sure to keep them posted on any future iterations or changes that you have made. You can do this though the Beta Feedback section on your model and keep a conversation going with your supporters.
How do you iterate on products? Learn more about Product Development at Shapeways or give us feedback in the Forums.
Get more help in our Forums