About this Product
Hood that is sized to avoid interference with the OVF, but provide as much shading as possible.
Also does not vignette but has the smallest possible opening to help avoid accidental finger contact with lens.
Small enough to leave on all the time.
Requires a 49 mm filter with the glass removed to use as a spacer! Failure to use a spacer WILL cause the x100 lens assembly to collide with the hood and may DAMAGE THE CAMERA.
Never put the hood on without the spacer. Never put a filter ring with glass in it directly on the camera. Empty filter rings only!
Simple order of assembly: Camera->Empty Filter Ring->Hood->Original Trim Ring.
1. Buy a cheap 49 mm filter at a used camera store, go for a thicker ring (more space) given the choice.
2. Bring it home and smash the glass out of the filter, and clean it up carefully. Broken glass is sharp.
3. Remove the silver trim ring from the x100.
4. Thread the empty filter ring (spacer) on the x100.
5. Switch to manual focus.
6. Turn the focus so the lens is as far out as possible (focused full macro).
7. VERIFY THAT LENS DOES NOT GO PAST THE END OF THE SPACER. IF IT DOES YOUR SPACER IS TOO SHORT. GO BACK TO STEP 1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make sure that the lens is really as far out as it goes and that the hood isn't going to hit it when you put it on the spacer.
8. Gently place the Hood on the spacer.
9. MAKE SURE THE HOOD ISN'T TOUCHING THE LENS.
10. Add the trim ring to hold the hood in place
1.9 w x 0.462 d x 1.9 h
4.826 w x 1.174 d x 4.826 h