This version of the Universal Camera mount is online still, largely as a historical reference. It has been superseded by the DJI Phantom Universal Camera Mount v2.1
Universal Camera Mount for cameras up to 150g on a DJI Phantom Vision.
This mount requires additional screws for fitting purposes. Otherwise, it is completely compatible with the DJI Vision camera dampener and may be hot swapped in the field.
4 M3x15 bolts
8 M3 nuts
1 1/4-20 tripod bolt
2 1/4-20 nuts
The above can be found at most hardware stores.
- Horizontal Camera mount
- Reinforced Tripod washer
- GoPro mount
- Tripod Thumbscrew
- Flash Hook Camera Trigger
- Hinged Camera Mount
1. Screw the M3 bolts into the tripod bar.
2. Fasten bolt to tripod bar with nut.
3. Place dampener bars onto screws.
4. Put tripod bolt through tripod bar.
5. Fasten tripod bolt with nut.
6. Put a second nut on tripod bolt.
7. Attach camera to tripod bolt.
8. Adjust camera Horizontally and laterally to account for it's centre of gravity.
9. Ensure bolts on tripod screw are secure
10. Fasten M3 bolts with additional nuts.
11. Remove Vision Camera from your Phantom.
11a. Take care to disconnect camera and motor power.
12. Attach dampening bars to Vision dampeners.
Heavier cameras will cause vibration in pitch and yaw. This can be compensated for by changes to the gain settings in the DJI Assistant software.
If any damage from a crash occurs to the mount, please use common sense. Your camera is worth more than a replacement part.
Updates to the design will be documented in this thread at Phantom Pilots: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9796