This 150-ton capacity reinforced concrete coaling tower was constructed by the Canadian National Railways in 1935/36 to service trains on both the Bala and Newmarket Subdivisions, which allowed the wooden coaling plants at Udney and Orillia to be retired (see cnr-in-ontario.com
for further details). It still stands on the south bank of the middle branch of Severn River near the junction of the Bala and Newmarket Subdivisions about a fifth of a mile south of Washago station. The hopper track is 5 ft. above the coaling track.
Combine with Washago Coaling Plant Metal (N-scale).
Hopper, grating, platform, ladder and chute still under development.
4.38 w x
5.77 d x
1.724 w x
2.272 d x