Sphelo is a word creation derived from "spheric loops".
The loop sculptures are developed from a shape similar to a Moebius band.
The loops are building two spheric shapes with which several parts can be snap fitted into each other.
The sphelos have a smaller shape on one side and a bigger on the other.
There are sphere shapes with
- diameters inner / outer: 16 / 20mm and 20 / 24mm,
- diameter 12 / 16mm and 8 / 12mm,
- diameter 12 / 16mm and 16 / 20mm,
In addition there are several plugs and balls / spheres to combine with the sphelos.
You can snap parts with same diameter ratio with each other or combine parts with different sizes.
To build a closed necklace there are 2 possibilities:
1) you need sphelos with the same diameter ratio, one side is designed to fit into the other.
2) if you snap a small 8/12 // 12/16mm sphelo in a 16/20 // 20/24mm sphelo you need at least 1 sphelo 12/16 // 16/20mm to adapt from the small sphelo to the bigger sphelo.
The sphelos with inner ball shape of 16mm can be supplemented with a glass marble or other sphere with diameter 16mm.
I have designed some spheric shapes with 16mm diameter you can obtain from my shop.
Most of the parts have a hole with diameter 3mm inside.
With this you can build your own combination and thread a string through the sphelos on which you can put your own pearls or things you like.
2.394 w x
2.174 d x
0.943 w x
0.856 d x