This part allows you to create an HOn30 (or H0e) wholestick cane truck.
These additional items are required:
- Roco 34607 or similar 4 wheel trucks from Roco, EggerBahn, Minitrains or BCH
- Bachmann Short Shank Dummy Knuckle Couplers (N 42532)
- Square 1×1 mm brass or styrene for the vertical corner posts
Just take the following steps to build the wholestick cane truck.
- Once you receive the printed part from Shapeways, ensure to clean it thoroughly.
- Cut the 4 corner posts from square 1×1 mm styrene. The length of these posts is about 14 mm.
- The corner posts will fit in the holes in the corners of the printed part. Attache them with super glue.
- Apply your preferred primer.
- Remove 2 Bachmann knuckle couplers from the sprue and insert them in the pockets on the underside of the printed part. You will probably have to sand them at the back a bit for a good fit.
- Remove most of the parts from the 4 wheel truck, including the inner “cross” and the metal parts of the original couplers. All that needs to remain are the wheels, axles and the outside part of the chassis.
- If required, remove the small coupler hooks from the chassis by cutting them off.
- Slide the printed part (with corner posts and couplers) over the chassis. It is a snug fit and no glue should be required.
More information can be found at: http://www.koala-creek.net
3.2 w x
2.3 d x
1.26 w x
0.906 d x