NEW BATTERY OPTION:
Compatible with HobbyKing's Multistar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh Battery
which has an excellent power-to-weight ratio, long flight times and a street price under $30.
Perform a Phantom 1.5 conversion on your DJI Phantom 1 or DJI Phantom 1.1.1 with the NEW 40mm Battery Door v2
and a Phantom 2 Replacement Shell*. With this combination the Phantom 1.5 can accept internally a single large standard XT60 battery
OR two stock Phantom XT60 2200mah batteries in parallel providing maximum flexibility and dramatically longer flight times. Just snap the 40mm Battery Door
in the place designed for the DJI Intelligent Battery, and enjoy ultra-low operating costs and long flight times. (Note:
This model is not compatible with the Phantom FC40 or Phantom 1.2. For DJI Phantom FC40 owners, check out the new DJI Phantom 1.5 FC40 40mm Battery Door
In addition, the 40mm Battery Door
provides a NEW External USB Port
location for your Phantom 1 and a 360 degree view of the Flight Status Light
from the ground. Just plug in a USB cable into the New External USB Port on the back to conveniently update your NAZA. The port eliminates the Phantom 1’s stock internal USB cable (10g.) The relocated Flight Status Light also allows enhances safety by allowing you to see the battery status from any direction on the ground – instead of just the back of the stock Phantom 1.
If you don't need to use single XT60 5200mah batteries, but prefer to use XT60 batteries in a parallel configuration, check out the NEW Phantom 1.5 - 28mm Battery Door v2.0
• No proprietary batteries!
• Use standard XT60 batteries
in flexible configurations:
- Single XT60 5400mah battery* (street price around $45 vs $160 for the DJI Intelligent Battery)
- Twin Phantom XT60 2200mah batteries* in a parallel configuration
- A parallel configuration of a Turnigy 2800mah* + Turnigy 2200mah* (5000mah total) with 9” props has been tested and yields flight times up to 20 minutes
• NEW External USB Port for easy NAZA firmware updates
• NEW - 360 Degree Flight Status Light Location visible from any direction on the ground
• For the price of one DJI Intelligent Battery, you can buy four XT60 5400mah batteries
• No soldering, cutting or alteration of the parts are required. Upgrade uses stock screws and fasteners.Additional Parts Sold Separately:
• DJI Phantom 2 Replacement Shell
• 4-pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension for relocating the Phantom's Flight Status Light/USB Port
inside the Battery Bay 40mm Extension 4-pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension available here
• XT60 Parallel Y-Adapter (for parallel configurations)Tools Required:
• Screwdriver set (including hex, and Phillips tips)
• Prop wrench if you don't have self-tightening props (came with the original Phantom)
• Tape to mark motors and motor arms
• Small amount of electrical tape to insulate the remote control receiverNo soldering, cutting or alteration of the parts is needed. Uses stock screws and fasteners.Additional Note:
• Be sure to recalibrate the compass on the Phantom before first flight
*Sold separately and not included© 2014 Brian Self Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.IMPORTANT NOTE:
This product ONLY for Phantom 1.0 or 1.1.1's that are upgraded with a Phantom 2 shell*. Not compatible with Phantom FC40 or Phantom 1.2.Safety First
While every effort has been made to insure the highest quality, and correct instructions, Brian Self Design provides the kit as-is. By installing the Fuselage Extension, you agree that you remain fully responsibility for the airworthiness, safe operation and use of the DJI Phantom upgraded with Fuselage Extension. Each pilot must verify the safety of their aircraft prior to take-off and maintain safe operations during flight. If at any time a concern develops about the airworthiness of a craft, it is the recommendation of Brian Self Design that the aircraft be grounded until all matters are fully resolved before flights resume.
Brian Self Design cannot be responsible for any accidental damage that may occur to the Phantom or parts during installation. Comments or Questions:
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions about the product below.