40-tonne-glw low, owned by German Federal Railway (diagramm E.259), built 1955 and 1962-1965 for service between the Continent and Great Britain
- Version with stanchions removed
- N scale 1/148
- 2 pcs weelset Graham Farish 379-412
- 2 pcs close coupler motion link PEHO #005 (www.peho-kkk.de), combine with couplers by Dapol, Fleischmann or Minitrix, while GraFar couplers don't fit
- 4 pcs becket KUSWA #nf207 (www.kuswa.de)
- 2 pcs shunter footstep KUSWA #nf205
- Spring steel wire 0.15mm
- Sheet metal 1.5mm
- Clean the model carefuly, get best results by using an ultrasonic cleaning system
- The car is delivered in a cage which protects the sensitive parts. Sprued to it you find two brake cylinders, two air receivers and the brake valve. Remove the cage first.
- Mount weelsets, to prevent damages to axle guide stays and brake shoes
- Mount additional parts:
--- Glue a fitted metal sheet in the cut out under the car floor.
--- Glue brake cylinder, brake valve and air receivers on the metal sheet
--- The close coupler motion link has a spacer, which should be removed for standart buffer distance. The short coupler can be assembled in different positions to get a closer buffer distance.
--- The beckets have to be assembled to drillholes under the corners of the car
--- The shunter footsteps have to be glued to the left of each headstock
--- Four handles have to be bend and assembled to drillholes at the corners of the car
--- Four handles have to be bend and assembled to drillholes under the buffers
- The car has to be colourd in brown, RAL8012 "rotbraun"
8.466 w x
1.956 d x
3.333 w x
0.77 d x