This very simple tiny Thing allows a quick and very precise calibration.
This innovative approach consists in:
- FIXING the endstop once and forever to the printer structure.
- Doing the calibration by means of a small and accurate M2 screw (0.4 mm per turn) mounted on the part that moves towards the endstop.
- Enjoying NO PLAY/slack.
Sample application - Prusa i3 Z-axis endstop (see pictures):
- Z-Endstop fixed to the metal frame.
- Thing holding the M2 screw fixed to the bottom of the right X-end.
Note: I have removed the metal lever from the endstop, leaving just the button; this improves the accuracy.
Print the uploaded STL file. If needed adjust the size parameters in the OpenSCAD file.
Additional hardware needed:
- 1 x M2 screw
- 1 x M2 nut
- 2 x small wood screws Innovative and very high accuracy adjustable Endstop for Reprap Prusa and other models
is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike