This OpenSCAD script will generate a plain wedding band style ring.
Most parameters are user selectable such as the ring profile shapes.
This would be ideal as the basis for a wedding ring...
Potentially very useful when combined with the following:
Ring metal cost calculator thingiverse.com/thing:12589
Ring Size System Coversion thingiverse.com/thing:12689
for creating and costing a custom wedding band or other such tomfoolery.
Author: Mark Gaffney
Let the right one in
Changes from previous versions:
- added ellipse_intersection.scad code for 2 new cross section shapes (cs_ellipse_intersection & cs_rounded_ellipse_intersection)
- added support for write.scad on inside or outside of ring, engraved or raised
- Xxxxx's wedding ring version (no stone, no mount)
- Made higher resolution shapes by increasing rotate extrude $fn from 50 to 100 and shape $fn from 20 to 40
- Implemented half chamfered rectangle
- Fixed issue whereby rounded rectangle shape CS appeared slightly translated in Y direction
- Fixed issue whereby half ellipse was never shown and normal ellipse was shown twice instead
- First version based on Ring_band_creation_script_v0.10.scad
- Added more cross sections (cs_half_pill, cs_reverse_hemi_ellipse, cs_reverse_rounded_hemi_ellipse)
Ring profiles available:
pill, ellipse, hemi_ellipse, rounded_hemi_ellipse, rectangle, scallopped_rectangle, rounded_scallopped_rectangle, rounded_rectangle, chamfered_rectangle, half_pill, reverse_hemi_ellipse, reverse_rounded_hemi_ellipse
0. Choose which script to open (the normal one will create just one ring the "multiple" file will create one ring of each style)
1. Edit Variables and comment in/out lines as appropriate in the User Variables Section
1a. choose colo(u)rs
1b. choose ring size
1c. choose ring sizing system
1d. choose ring band dimensions
1e. choose cross section shape for ring band (if you are using the script to only generate one)
2. Generate ring shape(s)
4. Profit! Ring Band creation script
is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike