VP of ProductNew York, NY, United States
Want to help change the world? We believe that 3D printing is the new way to manufacture anything you want. Using 3D printing we enable our users to design, personalize, buy and sell their custom-made products (puzzles, gadgets, trains, jewelry, art, etc). Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community of artists and enthusiasts, who engage in everything from collaborative creation to selling their 3D designs as products through the unique Shapeways Shops, an international marketplace for user created 3D printed products.
Position summaryWe are looking for a talented VP of Product to drive the product road-map of Shapeways. You will lead the product team and drive iterative improvements of our customer offering, improving usability and in general make sure we deliver on our promise to make it possible for everyone to make whatever they want. You will be based in New York. In this role you work closely with the VP Engineering and report to the CEO. As such, you will have an instrumental role in the success of Shapeways.
- Drive a product through its entire development cycle, from concept to launch
- Own the product road-map and the product planning
- Manage the product team
- Plan user testing, uncover user needs, get feedback on launched projects.
- Help grow product leaders by giving them accountability and opportunities for growth.
- Be the expert on the Shapeways web site and user experience.
- Excellent communication skills in a team-oriented workplace.
- Solid experience working in a product management capacity at a consumer facing web company (social networking and agile, start-up environment preferred)
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
- Experience and success in using team-based software development concepts that drive to iterative launches.
- Strategic and holistic thinking to balance and prioritize short-term solutions with long-term vision
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for ideas
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A strong design and usability sense driven by the ability to step into a user's shoes
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills