Vendor Relationship Manager, Supply Chain
Imagine a world where any object you imagine can be customized to your specifications and made quickly, efficiently, and cheaply. Shapeways is the world's largest 3D printing marketplace and community. On a daily basis, we make thousands of unique products and deliver them to people all over the world. We create an online experience that ignites creativity and increases access to the best of 3D printing, at the lowest cost. We work hard to democratize manufacturing so that everyone—regardless of technical background or expertise—can create the products that populate their lives. The Shapeways community is global, revolutionary, and incredibly dynamic, and we make ideas a reality by manufacturing objects in "Factories of the Future."
We are looking for a rock star to develop and manage business relationships with the vendors who supply us with manufacturing and services. Here's your chance to be part of a cool international start-up that enables makers, creators, designers, and average people around the world to make their ideas a reality. We're passionate, enabling, down to earth and inspiring. So are you.
This is what you'll do:
- Build, evaluate and improve strategic relationships with manufacturers and suppliers that drive revenue and profitability targets.
- Structure and negotiate business terms, contracts and on-board new manufacturers.
- Own the ongoing relationship. Drive vendors to grow as fast as we do, pushing them to perform while representing their needs to our internal teams.
- Work with our Product team to create business plans and execute launch for new materials and services.
- Drive performance improvement by building, tracking, and communicating KPIs/SLAs.
This is you:
- 3-5 years experience in vendor or key-account relationship management, particularly at or with a company having its own manufacturing or production services.
- Strong negotiation and business administration background, with proven cost analysis and cost modeling skills.
- Committed to the best: willing to do whatever it takes to make it right, and hardwired to never leave any stone unturned.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasker.
- Friendly, personable, and always customer focused.
- Team player and a natural communicator.