Vendor Operations Manager, Supply Chain
Shapeways is the world's largest 3D printing marketplace and community. On a daily basis, we make thousands of unique products and deliver them to people all over the world. We create an online experience that ignites creativity and increases access to the best of 3D printing, at the lowest cost. We work hard to democratize manufacturing so that everyone—regardless of technical background or expertise—can create the products that populate their lives. The Shapeways community is global, revolutionary, and incredibly dynamic, and we make ideas a reality by manufacturing objects in "Factories of the Future."
We are a cool start up and need someone to help keep the all this work moving and manage relationships with suppliers as we grow. We're passionate, committed, enabling, down to earth, and inspiring, and so are you.
This is what you'll do:
- Manage the daily operational relationships with manufacturing vendors around the world, including assigning work, chasing orders, and communicating critical information.
- Manage service levels and quality of 3D printed products, from orders and manufacturing through delivery.
- Continuously improve our processes and relationship with vendors and help them to grow as fast as we do, pushing them to perform while representing their needs to our dev and product teams.
- Track and improve quality and performance of vendors through goals and metrics.
- Coordinate with other Shapeways teams to make sure the wheels are turning as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Support the product team with new material rollouts, design rules, user and vendor tutorials, represent your manufacturers in strategic discussions.
This is you:
- 1-3 years max of supply chain, vendor management, or production / manufacturing experience.
- Inveterate problem solver! You love a challenge and want to improve things, constantly looking for ways to make things easier and better, live and die by metrics and results.
- Super happy when you're knee-deep in operations and details.
- Brilliant multi-tasker, calm crisis manager who loves Getting Stuff Done.
- Committed to the best: you're willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. Always on top of and in-charge of your stuff, and hardwired to never leave any stone unturned.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ready to analyze and interpret information quickly.
- Great communicator, friendly, personable, and always customer focused.
- Natural leader who wants the opportunity to grow fast and help those around you shine too.
- Knowledge of material properties a plus.