User Interface Designer
New York, NY, United States
We believe that 3D printing is the new way to manufacture anything you want. Using 3D printing we enable our users to design, personalize, buy and sell their custom-made products (puzzles, gadgets, trains, jewelry, art, etc). Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community of artists and enthusiasts, who engage in everything from collaborative creation to selling their 3D designs as products through the unique Shapeways Shops, an international marketplace for user created 3D printed products.
We are seeking a passionate designer with 3-5 years experience to create interfaces for our web and or mobile services. You are wicked smart, articulate, curious and love all things interactive. You want to push the boundaries of user experience, are able to materialize an ideas and help turn them into an amazing service together with your team.
- Design wonderful, immersive web and mobile experiences that make Shapeways customers happy.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to make sure designs flow smoothly and are built to spec.
- Brainstorm new feature ideas, taking user feedback and metrics into consideration.
- Enforce and support brand guidelines and aesthetic standards.
- Experience designing intuitive and effective user interfaces for web and mobile.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong eye for composition, color, and typography.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great collaboration skills with Developers and Product Managers.
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML5.
- Love of all things internets.
- Front end development experience.
- Illustration skills.
- Typography nerd.
- 3D modeling skills.