UI Team Lead
New York, NY, United States
Shapeways is looking to hire a UI team lead to own and build our UI team. If you have led a team of 3+ UI engineers, and have the hands-on coding skills to mentor our full-stack engineers we are looking for you!
- Ownership of front-end technology for Shapeways
- Work closely with designers to create awesome UX
- Mentor full-stack engineers in UI development
- Collaborate with team to define features and scope
- Ensure best practices in front-end technologies across the teams
- Source and hire 3+ UI engineers
- Deliver high-quality web and mobile web applications
- Improve overall quality of Shapeways web properties
- 6+ years full-cycle software development experience
- Experience in a high-visibility iterative development cycle
- Ability to assess project scope and timelines
- Ability to choose and roll out frameworks and patterns
- Relentless pursuit of awesomeness
- Expert understanding of responsive design and mobile web
- Expert understanding of content delivery and client-side performance
- Knowledge of Compass, Sass, Jquery
- Capable in PHP, ASP, JSP, Ruby, or Python
- Capable in SQL, preferably MYSQL
- Proven track record in e-commerce
Why Join Our Team?
Shapeways is building out our front-end engineering team to build world-class interfaces for both web and mobile devices. The front-end engineering team will have ownership over the technical architecture and implementation of all customer facing Shapeways web properties. Candidates joining the Shapeways front-end engineering team will be getting in on the ground floor of a momentous opportunity to revolutionize how people make, buy, and sell products across the globe. If you are a positive entrepreneurial force with excellent front-end technical skills, you are the perfect fit for this role.