UI Engineer, NYC
Shapeways is looking for front-end engineers to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. If you’re a web developer/application engineer and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web interfaces we are looking for you!
- Develop slick and performant web front-end for Shapeways Shoppers and Shop Owners.
- Work closely with Dev, Product, and Design teams to construct creative solutions to complex problems.
- Own the software architecture for Shapeways web and mobile web experiences.
- Develop custom components that can be reused on site.
- Optimize efficiency, scalability, and stability of Shapeways web properties.
- Deliver high-quality web and mobile web applications on a weekly release cycle
- 2+ years full-cycle software development experience
- Experience in a high-visibility iterative development cycle
- Ability to assess project scope and timelines
- Leadership mentality
- Relentless pursuit of awesomeness
- Knowledge of Compass, Sass, Jquery
- Experience with either PHP, Java, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge of responsive design and mobile web
- Understanding of content delivery and client-side performance
Why Join Our Team?
Shapeways is building out our front-end engineering team to build world-class interfaces for both web and mobile devices. The front-end engineering team will have ownership over the technical architecture and implementation of all customer facing Shapeways web properties. Candidates joining the Shapeways front-end engineering team will be getting in on the ground floor of a momentous opportunity to revolutionize how people make, buy, and sell products across the globe. If you are a positive entrepreneurial force with excellent front-end technical skills, you are the perfect fit for this role.