New York, New York
Are you at the top of your game as a sys-admin? Are you passionate about complex multi-pop systems and ensuring that they never skip a beat? At Shapeways, you’ll oversee our production systems, 3D Printing factories, and development environments. Your primary duty is to ensure availability and performance across all of our products and services.
About the Position
We’re looking for a System Administrator to join our growing technology team. We are driven technologists who possess a blend of business savvy, product intuition, and pro coding skills. We run a LAMP stack for our production web properties, and have Java, Python, MySQL, SOLR, and other technologies in our back-office and supply chain tools.
You have a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense. You can deploy and scale systems in a fast-paced startup environment. You have datacenter and networking experience, you learn quickly and you know how to work well as part of a team.
Individual Daily Responsibilities
- Ensure availability and performance of Shapeways products and services
- Build and maintain development and live environments
- Plan and execute system upgrades
- Collaborate with dev and product to design new features and services
- Optimize systems and processes to maximize quality
- Managing the cost of our infrastructure
- Capacity planning and budgeting
- Keeping the site up
- Monitoring live environments
- Vendors relationship management
- Maintenance and upgrade windows
- Communication and Escalation
- Automated Configuration management
- Linux server admin knowledge. Multiple distributions and virtualization
- Performance tuning of Linux, Hardware, Storage
- Hosting knowledge of Apache, HAproxy, Nginx, Java, and PHP
- Networking, routing, VPN, tcpdump, wireshark
- Code in shell and other scripting languages
- Monitoring and alerting
- GTD and time management
- You know what likely happens next when it’s pitch dark
Perks of the Job
- Startup with a huge upside opportunity
- Working with extremely talented people across all disciplines of the business
- Having the coolest desk toys anywhere
- Achieving office ping-pong domination
- Shaping the future direction of Shapeways
- Drinking beer at work
- Our CEO uses slackware at home
Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community of artists, makers and enthusiasts, who engage in everything from collaborative creation to selling their 3D designs as products through their unique Shapeways Shops, an international marketplace for user created 3D printed products.
Oh, and we're growing. Fast. In the past year alone, we've opened a new factory in New York to complement our factory in Eindhoven, have printed more than 1 million products, and reached over 200,000 community members. But, don't take our word for it: come see for yourself! Send us your resume!