Senior DevOps Engineer
New York, NY, United States
Are you at the top of your sysadmin game? Are you passionate about complex multi-pop systems and ensuring that they never skip a beat? At Shapeways, you’ll oversee our production systems, 3D Printing factories, and development environments. Your primary duty is to ensure availability and performance across all of our products and services.
About the Position
Shapeways is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing technology team. We are driven technologists who possess a blend of business savvy, product intuition, and pro coding skills. We run a LAMP stack for our production web properties, and have Java, Python, MySQL, SOLR, and other technologies in our back-office and supply chain tools.
You have a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense. You can budget, acquire, deploy, and scale systems in a fast-paced startup environment. You have datacenter experience and know how to create and operate a 24x7 environment.
- Budget and plan hardware growth and upgrades
- Plan and execute system upgrades
- Architect for new product development
- Ensure availability and performance of Shapeways products and services
- Optimize systems and processes to maximize velocity and uptime
- Build out and maintain development and QA environments
- Led 24x7 operations
- Linux server admin knowledge. Multiple distributions and virtualization
- Performance tuning of Linux, Hardware, Storage
- Hosting knowledge of Apache, HAproxy, Nginx, Java, and PHP
- Networking, routing, VPN, tcpdump, wireshark
- Code in shell and other scripting languages
- Monitoring and alerting
Perks of the Job
- Working with extremely talented people across all disciplines of the business
- Having the coolest desk toys, anywhere
- Achieving office ping-pong domination
- Shaping the future direction of Shapeways
- Drinking beer at work
Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community of artists, makers and enthusiasts, who engage in everything from collaborative creation to selling their 3D designs as products through their unique Shapeways Shops, an international marketplace for user created 3D printed products.
Oh, and we're growing. Fast. In the past year alone, we've opened a new factory in New York to complement our factory in Eindhoven, have printed more than 1 million products, and reached over 200,000 community members. But, don't take our word for it: see for yourself
, and apply now!