New York, NY, United States
Want to help change the world? We believe that 3D printing is the new way to manufacture anything you want. At Shapeways, we harness 3D printing to help anyone turn ideas into a physical reality, making product design more accessible, personal, and inspiring. We're democratizing manufacturing and bringing about a revolution in how products are made, and by whom. We enable our users to design, personalize, buy and sell their custom made products (puzzles, gadgets, trains, jewelry, art, etc). Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community who sell their designs via our marketplace for user created 3D printed products.
Our product group ties together Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations and builds ridiculously awesome features for internal and external users. You will ship software on a weekly basis, collaborate on new materials, and help us trim down our featureset into a lean set of addictive pieces that fit together elegantly. Our team moves very fast and strongly believe that building small, measurable pieces iterations is the right way to build great software. You will report to the Director of Product and work with a small group of Product Managers to make our users' jaws hit the floor.
- Define and evangelize the vision for the future of Shapeways both online and offline.
- Gather user feedback and data to support your vision.
- Build intuitive wireframes, user flows, and user stories.
- Work with design and engineering to build amazing experiences for new and existing users.
- Track, measure, and analyze performance.
- Fail, Iterate, Repeat.
- 2-3 years Product experience at a startup.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- A history of designing amazing products.
- Ability to understand the technical ramifications of product decisions.
- An eye for great user experience and design.
- Love solving problems.
- Nice to have: thorough knowledge of CSS, HTML, Javscript, and PHP.