Product Manager, 3D Technologies
Location: Manhattan, New York, NY
Shapeways is looking for a product manager that will help lead and shape the vision of everything we do in 3D. You will work closely with peers in engineering, operations, and product to help shape Shapeways’ strategy by creating systems that will bring product ideas to fruition.
- You’re resourceful and pragmatic. You love when the solution to a complex problem is simple, extensible, and is recyclable.
- You enjoy and express interest working with new technologies and are eager to become an expert in how to put them to use in collaboration with your partners across teams.
- You spec software that solves problems (large and small) and sets the direction for the future.
- You always have the end user's experience in mind and have strong product intuition.
- You see many solutions to a problem, but can choose the most pragmatic solution and explain it clearly to team members, making the effort to appreciate their needs and desires.
As a strong, creative and pragmatic product manager within our Product team, you’ll architect, execute, and release software that innovates and improves the 3D technologies used at Shapeways.
- Lead the product vision and strategy within your product area by working closely with your stakeholders and understanding their problems and goals.
- Drive projects by capturing requirements, achieving consensus, writing specs, and shipping software with a team of engineers and designers.
- Define systems that analyze, visualize, and repair 3D models to make sure they can be printed and manufactured.
- You’ll work with the development team to build realistic representations of 3D printed objects that will improve the way 3D representation of a user’s product.
- Implement and evaluate 3D tools that will allow for access to new rapid manufacturing technologies.
- Define and analyze goals and metrics that allow the team to measure the success of their work.
- Perform research and communicate with users to develop use cases, and user stories around the product.
- A passion for building great products.
- 2 + years experience in Product Management or strong skills in product life cycle of operational products.
- Ability to think through complex 3D geometry and mathematical problems and turn them into detailed and executable projects and tasks.
- Experience working at a startup is a plus.
- 3D modelling or programming experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- A driven, motivated, and talented team that believes in working hard and reaping the rewards
- Laid-back office environment in the heart of Manhattan.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter explaining what your favorite 3D product is, and why.
- Resume in a standard format (.txt, .doc, .pdf) and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Links to online portfolio, sample projects, blog, or anything that you think is applicable.