Distribution/Post Production Specialist
Long Island City, New York
Are you excited about what 3D printing could mean for manufacturing, and the future of personal production? We're looking for a sharp, innovative doer to delve into the cutting edge of 3D printing and help create solutions to problems that have yet to be solved. If you're up for the challenge, the role of Distribution/Post Production Specialist might be for you. Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customers’ wishes. Want to help deliver excellence to our growing community? You'll be the one making sure that every customer order is printed to perfection.
Initially this will be a three month contract position, with no benefits. After three months we will decide whether to extend an offer with full benefits.
- Pack and ship unique, individual, and customized orders
- Propose improvement ideas to make the DC more efficient
- Clean and sort 3D printed parts
- Execute finishing applications
- Manage quality and customer expectations
- Make sure all products are shipped on time
- Manage a daily flux of parts in and out of the system
Required Skills / Experience
- Min 2 years of experience in any of the following: fabrication, manufacturing, distribution, packing
- Associates degree in related field/Technical certification(s) a in related discipline
- Good spatial awareness and happiest when working with your hands
- Must have solid-multi tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Motivated by fast paced, changing environments
- High attention to detail, focus and a can-do attitude
- Able to lift 50kgs
- Able to work weekends (potentially full time)
- Able to work outside “typical” (9:00am-6:00pm) work hours (potentially full time)/ Work second shift: 6pm - 3am (1 hour lunch) or 7pm - 4am (1 hour lunch)
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.