Manufacturing Operations Team Lead
Shapeways is looking for an inspirational Manufacturing Operations Team Lead to help us take our Eindhoven production facility to the next level.
You and your team will implement lean six sigma methodology to help transform our current operation into a full-scale, world class manufacturing operation, producing an ever-growing number of unique products. This is an incredible opportunity for a seasoned manufacturing professional, to shape a facility in an industry where rules have yet to be fully defined.
As part of the Eindhoven Operations Leadership Team, you will be responsible for turning a group of enthusiastic, clever, 3D printing pioneers, into a team of continuously improving, manufacturing professionals.
- Lead and motivate our Operations team to meet business goals (improving quality, decreasing lead times, increasing safety, decreasing costs).
- Apply World Class Manufacturing best-practices to 100% custom, on-demand manufacturing.
- Help lead the charge for implementing lean six sigma methodology, in traditionally non-lean environment.
- Teach, coach and drive continuous improvement.
- Liaise and work directly with our supply chain, product, tech and production teams to help iterate quickly and establish new processes.
You will report to the Director of Operations.
Enthusiastic candidates: please share your (English) resume and motivation. Be brief and concise. Enthusiastic agencies, headhunters and other 3rd parties: please save your energy ;)
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in an applicable field (e.g. technical or operations management).
- 2+ years of experience leading a team, preferably in a complex series production environment.
- Hands-on experience with Lean, Six Sigma.
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up – or similarly demanding environment.
- A creative can-do attitude and a contagious drive.
- Proactivity and independence, requiring minimal direction..
- Ability to help a team see opportunities and turn them into successes.