New York, NY
We are seeking a passionate designer with 3-5 years experience to create interfaces for our web and mobile services. You are wicked smart, articulate, curious and love all things interactive. You want to push the boundaries of user experience, are able to turn exciting ideas into final products together with your team.
- Design wonderful, immersive web and mobile experiences that make Shapeways customers happy.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to make sure experiences flow smoothly throughout the product and final product is built as designed.
- Brainstorm new features based on user research, feedback and data.
- Enforce and support brand guidelines and aesthetic standards.
- Experience designing and launching efficient user interfaces.
- You hate to see people struggle and feel pain when they do.
- Strong eye for composition, color, and typography.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Great collaboration skills with Developers and Product Managers.
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML5.
- Front end development experience.
- User research experience.
- Illustration skills.
- Typography geeking.
- 3D modeling skills.
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.